Rockstone Graphite Deposit
Graphite | Thunder Bay, ON
Infinity Stone’s first battery metals project, the Rockstone Graphite Project in Northwest Ontario looks to have many of the critical ‘boxes ticked’. The Project is located on a highway, and is 50km from a major rail line, as well as a major seaport in the mining center of Thunder Bay, Ontario. The grade 23.1% C(g) from existing core samples places it amongst the top quartile in the world. The metallurgy and morphology appear to be consistent with what can be efficiently upgraded to battery-grade graphite.
Based upon the Versatile Time Domain Electromagnetic (VTEM) survey completed by Sabina Silver Corporation in 2007 and reprocessed by Greencastle Resources, there are 18 drill-ready electromagnetic targets. Greencastle’s drilling in 2012 was comprised of 4 diamond drill holes (916 metres). Diamond drill hole GC-12-01 drill hole intercepted 24 meters (drill width) averaging 0.82% Zinc and 0.15% Copper within a graphitic schist. Analysis of the pulps for the 24 metres returned a value of 25% carbon using a LECO analytical procedure.
The Project covers 1940 acres and is located on a highway, 50km from a major rail line, as well as 50km west of the major seaport in the mining center of Thunder Bay.
Strong uptake and growth of the EV market will draw on demand for increased volumes of natural flake graphite in 2022. The EV sector is becoming a major downstream consumer of fine graphite flake, and support for the material has been solid since the end of 2020. Meanwhile, intensifying global shipping costs, macro-economic competition with the rise of China, environmental considerations, and the suspension of production in the winter have collectively sent prices of fine flake and spherical graphite soaring in the second half of 2021.
- The grade 23.1% Cg from existing core samples places Rockstone grades amongst the top quartile in the world
- The metallurgy and morphology appear to be consistent with what can be efficiently upgraded to battery-grade graphite
- Growth of the EV market will increase demand for natural flake graphite in 2022
- Prices of fine flake and spherical graphite soared in the second half of 2021 due to competition in China, environmental considerations, and the suspension of production in the winter
- Bull market in battery metals, experts predicting shortages of both graphite and lithium
- Management team has been successful in raising hundreds of millions for projects over the past 20 years
- Discovery drill hole GC-12-01 intersected
- 25.0% graphite over 24.0 metres
- 1% combined Cu+Zn
- Infinity Stone is carrying out further testing at SGS Lakefield with the intent of further upgrading these results to battery grade.
- The scope of the current test program regarding the metallurgical testing included chemical head characterization and two pressurized alkaline leeches (PAL) with atmospheric acid leaching (AL).
- Through this two-stage process, the graphite flotation concentrate was successfully upgraded from 80% Cg purity to an average of 95% Cg purity, with a maximum purity of 96.1% Cg.
- 18 drill-ready EM (electromagnetic) anomalies widely distributed over the 785- hectare property area
- 24 metres returned a value of 25% carbon using a LECO analytical procedure
- Deposit hosts hydrothermal hexagonal graphite, exposed directly at the surface. Host rock appears to be diatreme breccia
The mining claim is located 50km from a major rail line and seaport, which in turn presents fewer barriers from a logistical standpoint when it comes to allocating resources to nearby processing plants.
Phase 1 | Q3 2022
Twin diamond drill hole GC-12-01 to produce adequate drill core to proceed with further metallurgical testing. Perform three-dimensional definition drilling on the graphite deposit to define the resource.
Phase 2 | Q3 2022
Commence drilling of additional high-priority VTEM drill targets.
Phase 3 | Q4 2022
Geophysicist’s’ recommendation is that VLF-EM surveys be extended to the southwest and that the southwest VLF anomaly be re-surveyed at 12.5-metre spacing. This closer spacing should be applied to all future VLF surveys on Rockstone.
Download the Infinity Stone Ventures investor presentation to learn more about our search for Hidden Gems to Power the Green Revolution.